Wednesday, December 30

Happy (almost) New Year!

I hope all two people reading have had a very merry Christmas (or whatever, but at this point I think that everyone who knows that this blog exists is some form of Christian guitarist) and is getting stoked for the New Year. I know for me, it's definitely time for 2009 to shove off and make some room for the the long-expected twenty-ten.

Did I mention that one thing I'm particularly excited about is that we can finally start referring to the year as twenty-_____? It's so futuristic!

How am I celebrating? Passion Conference in Hot-lanta. And I am ever so stoked. As much as I love the greats of Christian rock, I've never heard anyone (aside from Matt Maher, who is awesome) live. And boy, is this one going to be stacked. Along with perrinials Charlie Hall, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin and David Crowder*Band are going to be Fee, Kristin Stanfill and HILLSONG-FREAKING-UNITED! Which is a fact that I just learned, literally, three days ago. My face will be sufficiently rocked.

It's going to be a great way to kick off what may go down as being my most important year so far, as I'm going to be playing almost weekly with a guy who's been a great mentor to me, musically and spiritually, Adam Bitter. I've also been thinking more and more that the 9-5 just isn't for me, that music's where I'm called, rich or poor, and that I need to embrace it, get the fear, and just live God's calling for me. At the very least, a job in the music industry would be way more interesting than a job in the IT industry.

So I'm not big on resolutions, but sometimes you need to give yourself permission to dream. I'm a musician, first and foremost, and I'm going to start acting like it. Permission granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment