Monday, March 7

Approve Cocktail


Approve Cocktail: 
  • 1 1/2 oz. Bourbon or Rye
  • 2 dashes (Angostura) bitters
  • 1/2 tsp. orange curacao
Stir with cracked ice and strain into 3 oz. Cocktail glass. Garnish with orange and/or lemon twist.

So at first, I saw 1/2 tsp. and thought I saw 1/2 oz. So there's that. But in spite of that, this drink still turned out a lot like I expected: very non-dilute with a pretty strong alcohol burn. Which is, unexpectedly, the first drink out of the book that I'd say that about. The other ones have all managed to manage the alcohol with a good amount of water.

And yet in spite of that, still not a bad drink. Interesting play of flavors. I went with rye, my brand of which is 100 proof (which could very well be the root of the problem), and I opted for the orange twist. Not anything to write home about, but not bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment