Monday, March 28

Atty Cocktail


Here we go, last "A" cocktail! Hooray!

Atty Cocktail:
  • 1 1/2 oz. gin
  • 1/2 oz. french vermouth
  • 1/2 oz. Creme Yvette
Shake and strain into 3 oz. Cocktail glass.

Once again, I don't have Creme Yvette, but I do have Creme de Violette, which is, theoretically, the same. What we get is a cocktail that's got the botanicals of the gin mixed with the smooth, sweet, floral character of the Creme de Violette, and that's rounded out with the vermouth. I like it, though I'm not sure I love it. Not because it's not good; it's actually rather exquisite, which isn't a word I use often. I'm just still getting used to the Creme de Violette. But it's a really well balanced and put-together cocktail. It's on the list.

What does not show up is the really pretty, jewel-like violet color.

No comments:

Post a Comment