Monday, June 27

Barbary Coast Cocktail


Having gone exceptionally long (almost all of June....) without a post, I thought I'd start drinking again. I know, twist my arm, right?

Barbary Coast Cocktail:
  • 1/2 oz. rum
  • 1/2 oz. gin
  • 1/2 oz. scotch
  • 1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao
  • 1/2 oz. cream
Shake and strain into 4(ish) oz. Cocktail glass.

You can see my generic, "well" brands in the picture up there, though there shouldn't be anything there that surprises you, at least not if you've been reading for any amount of time. Once again, a cocktail calls for a decent amount of creme de cacao, and once again, the Marie Brizard disappoints with it's awful nose and chemically aftertaste. I really, really need to find a drink that will mask that ingredient and then drink it all down in that fashion, and move on to another brand, because I feel like this has been a lot of cocktails that could have been passable with another cacao.

As far as the drink itself, it's sort of an everything-Alexander, which is interesting. Sidenote: it is a brave barkeep who decided to pair scotch with creme de cacao. It kinda works, though. Man, I need another creme de cacao.....any volunteers?

No comments:

Post a Comment