Thursday, January 20

Angel's Kiss


Strap in boys, it's going to be girlie shots for a while. If it's any consolation, this one didn't come out quite as pretty. Everything was going well until I got to the cream...maybe you should put the brandy on top, since it's going to want to be on top anyway. Probably.

Angel's Kiss:
  • 1/4 oz. Creme de Cacao
  • 1/4 oz. Creme Yvette
  • 1/4 oz. Brandy
  • 1/4 oz. cream
Layer into Pousse Cafe (Shot) glass in the order given.

I went back-to-back with this one, because there's so little alcohol in either of these shots, so I figured it couldn't do much harm. There's definitely more of a kick to this one, with 3/4 oz. of liquor instead of 1/2 oz. in the previous shot. Still and all, not quite as delightful as the previous shot. Maybe it's the added alcohol, maybe it's my general distaste for the Creme de Cacao that I have (and, perhaps, all Creme de Cacao everywhere...), but I didn't enjoy it quite as much. But brandy and chocolate flavors traditionally pair well together. I'm a little puzzled by the Creme Yvette, but it's not unpleasant, just doesn't go so well with chocolate as it does with the fruity flavors in the Angel's Delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment